Do you accept the challenge?
Then get creative to win cool prizes! Simply accept the challenge on your Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram account following the rules below and you’ll be entered to win!
October 31 – November 4, 2016 is College Application and Exploration Week in West Virginia. Help us celebrate by inspiring others and accepting the challenge to apply to at least four college, military, and/or career training programs this week.
To enter, follow the steps below and post your entry before 5 pm. One winner will be chosen daily at random from eligible entries. The selected winner will be contacted via the social media network s/he used to enter the contest to confirm a mailing address for prize(s). Only West Virginia residents or individuals enrolled in a Pre-K through 12 or postsecondary education program in West Virginia are eligible. Full contest details are provided below.
Step 2: Share that you’ve accepted the challenge.
You can share that you’ve accepted the challenge by doing ONE (or both) of the following:
1) Share your college plans with us in a tweet, picture, video, or post.
2) Repost the graphic above on your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account. (We will be posting the graphic on our accounts, so you will be able to repost/retweet it easily to enter.)
Step 3: Mention us and our hashtag.
Be sure to mention CFWV in your tweet or post and use the #WhyIChose hashtag. (See our handles below.)
Step 4: Double check that your post is public.
If your post is private, we will not be able to see it!
Rules and eligibility:
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO WIN
- This contest is hosted by the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission and West Virginia Community and Technical College System, otherwise known as the College Foundation of West Virginia or CFWV.
- To enter the contest, individuals must 1) Follow CFWV on the social network they wish to use to enter the contest; 2) Share that they have accepted the College Application and Exploration Week contest in at least ONE of the ways described above; 3) Mention CFWV in the post, AND 4) Make the post public.
- Entries will be accepted daily from October 31, 2016 until November 4, 2016. Each day’s contest will conclude promptly at 5 PM EDT.
- Entrants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (green card holder)
- Entrants must either live or attend school or an education program in West Virginia.
- Individuals must be age 13 years or older to enter; however parents or legal guardians may enter on behalf of their child.
- Persons in the direct employment of the office of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission and West Virginia Community and Technical College System and their immediate family members are not eligible. Immediate family includes spouses, parents, step-parents, siblings, half-siblings, children, step-children, and foster children.
- Only one entry per person per day.
- Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable or inappropriate content will not be considered. CFWV retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
- The winning entrant will be contacted via the social media network s/he used to enter the contest and will have 5 calendar days to confirm a mailing address to which to send prize(s).
- If CFWV does not receive confirmation within 5 days, a backup winner will be awarded the prize(s) and the original winner will forfeit rights to the prize.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree to have their submitted name and post displayed on the websites and/or social media profiles of CFWV and its partners and used by CFWV for any purpose, at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation. Entrant understands that by entering this contest he or she gives CFWV the right to use his or her image(s) and caption in organizational promotions and marketing without further permission, compensation or notice. CFWV may edit, alter, copy, exhibit, distribute, publish and/or re-publish such materials, in whole or in part. Entrant understands that such use by CFWV confers no rights of ownership upon him or her. Entrant understands and agree that such materials are the property of CFWV and will not be returned.
- CFWV reserves the right to disqualify users, without notice, and for any reason.
- In connection with submission, entrant agrees that he or she will not submit material that is copyrighted, trademarked, protected by trade secret, or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless he or she is the owner of such rights or has permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant the CFWV all of the license rights granted in these terms, and by posting that material he or she does grant the CFWV all of the aforementioned license rights.
- Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE IS SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
- No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. Prizes do not include travel or other expenses.
- CFWV is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the contest, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize.
- Any attempt to damage the content of operation of this contest is unlawful and subject to possible legal action by CFWV.
- CFWV reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the giveaway, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if it determines that the giveaway cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the giveaway. In the event any tampering or unauthorized intervention may have occurred, the CFWV reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue.
- CFWV and its respective agents and employees, and any telephone network or service providers, are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, the inability to access any website or online service or any other error, human or otherwise.
- Contest rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to the law of the State of West Virginia.
- INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA HIGHER EDUCATION POLICY COMMISSION, WEST VIRGINIA COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE SYSTEM, AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS (REFERRED TO THROUGHOUT AS “COLLEGE FOUNDATION OF WEST VIRGINIA” OR “CFWV”) , THE FACEBOOK PLATFORM, ADMINISTRATOR, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THAT ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE THAT MAY BE WON. CFWV DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE PRIZE. THE STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA HIGHER EDUCATION POLICY COMMISSION, WEST VIRGINIA COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE SYSTEM AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS (REFERRED TO THROUGHOUT AS “COLLEGE FOUNDATION OF WEST VIRGINIA” OR “CFWV”) DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE GIVEAWAY. CFWV IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ENTRANT REFERENCING OR PROVIDING AUDIO OR VIDEO CONTENT OF OTHER INDIVIDUALS. THE PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS OF ANY MINORS, BY ACCEPTING ANY OF THE BENEFITS OF THE PRIZES AWARDED, SHALL HAVE AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THE PROVISIONS OF THIS DISCLAIMER.