Celebrate filing your FAFSA. Win great prizes!
May 15 is the deadline to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be considered for the West Virginia Higher Education Grant!
Help us remind students to complete this form by celebrating finishing your FAFSA or sharing FAFSA awareness outreach efforts happening in your community.
Each Friday from March 6 through May 15, we’ll host a drawing for great prize packs — including gift cards — for any West Virginia resident or student who uses the #FAFSAFridayWV hashtag on Twitter or Instagram that day. Prizes will be given out after the contest ends on May 15.
- Share a status update telling us you completed the FAFSA
- Snap a photo of FAFSA outreach activities happening in your school (bulletin boards, signs, etc.).
- Post a picture from your school’s FAFSA workshop.
Full contest details are listed below.
Rules and eligibility
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO WIN
- This contest is hosted by the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission and West Virginia Community and Technical College System, otherwise known as the College Foundation of West Virginia or CFWV.
- To enter the contest, individuals must 1) follow @CFWV on Twitter or Instagram, 2) Post or tweet about completing the FAFSA including the #FAFSAFridayWV hashtag AND 3) mention @CFWV in the post or tweet.
- Entries will be accepted from March 6, 2020 until 2 p.m. EDT on May 15, 2020.
- Entrants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (green card holder)
- Entrants must either live or attend school or an education program in West Virginia.
- Individuals must be age 13 years or older to enter; however parents or legal guardians may enter on behalf of their child.
- Persons in the direct employment of the office of the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission and West Virginia Community and Technical College System and their immediate family members are not eligible. Immediate family includes spouses, parents, step-parents, siblings, half-siblings, children, step-children, and foster children.
- Only one entry per person.
- Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable or inappropriate content will not be considered. CFWV retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
- The winning entrants will be contacted via Twitter or Instagram and will have 5 calendar days to provide an address for CFWV to mail the prize packet.
- If CFWV does not receive address confirmation within 5 days, a backup winner will be awarded the prize and the original winner will forfeit rights to the prize.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree to have their submitted name and post displayed on the websites and/or social media profiles of CFWV and its partners and used by CFWV for any purpose, at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation. Entrant understands that by entering this contest he or she gives CFWV the right to use his or her image(s) and caption in organizational promotions and marketing without further permission, compensation or notice. CFWV may edit, alter, copy, exhibit, distribute, publish and/or re-publish such materials, in whole or in part. Entrant understands that such use by CFWV confers no rights of ownership upon him or her. Entrant understands and agree that such materials are the property of CFWV and will not be returned.
- CFWV reserves the right to disqualify users, without notice, and for any reason.
- In connection with submission, entrant agrees that he or she will not submit material that is copyrighted, trademarked, protected by trade secret, or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless he or she is the owner of such rights or has permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant the CFWV all of the license rights granted in these terms, and by posting that material he or she does grant the CFWV all of the aforementioned license rights.
- Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE IS SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. Prizes do not include travel or other expenses.
- CFWV is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the contest, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize.
- Any attempt to damage the content of operation of this contest is unlawful and subject to possible legal action by CFWV.
- CFWV reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the giveaway, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if it determines that the giveaway cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the giveaway. In the event any tampering or unauthorized intervention may have occurred, the CFWV reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue.
- CFWV and its respective agents and employees, and any telephone network or service providers, are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, the inability to access any website or online service or any other error, human or otherwise.
- Contest rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to the law of the State of West Virginia.
- INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA HIGHER EDUCATION POLICY COMMISSION, WEST VIRGINIA COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE SYSTEM, AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS (REFERRED TO THROUGHOUT AS “COLLEGE FOUNDATION OF WEST VIRGINIA” OR “CFWV”) , THE FACEBOOK PLATFORM, ADMINISTRATOR, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THAT ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE THAT MAY BE WON. CFWV DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE PRIZE. THE STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA HIGHER EDUCATION POLICY COMMISSION, WEST VIRGINIA COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE SYSTEM AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS (REFERRED TO THROUGHOUT AS “COLLEGE FOUNDATION OF WEST VIRGINIA” OR “CFWV”) DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE GIVEAWAY. CFWV IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ENTRANT REFERENCING OR PROVIDING AUDIO OR VIDEO CONTENT OF OTHER INDIVIDUALS. THE PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS OF ANY MINORS, BY ACCEPTING ANY OF THE BENEFITS OF THE PRIZES AWARDED, SHALL HAVE AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THE PROVISIONS OF THIS DISCLAIMER.