Lesson 11: Exploring Careers through Advanced Searches
Appropriate for: Grades 8-12
Goals and Objectives:
- Students will explore careers based on interests, priorities, work values, skills, and goals.
- Students will explore and consider multiple career options.
Click here to view relevant content standards and objectives.
- Students will log into CFWV.com.
- Students will click on the Career Planning Tab.
- Students will click on the subheading "Explore Careers."
- Students will notice that there are several options as to how one can explore a career. (Career Finder,
Career Clusters, Results from surveys, Search Engine, specific characteristics).
- Students will spend time exploring many careers available to them using each or any of the exploration
- Students will save favored careers in their portfolio by clicking on the 'save in portfolio' link on the left
hand side of any career information sheet.
Reflective Questions for Journals or Discussion:
Download this Lesson
- Which search options did you use?
- Was one more helpful than the other?
- Compare and contrast careers within your survey results?
- Did you find a career that you previously didn't know much about? Has your list grown or shrunk?