Lesson 3: Planning - Learning About Yourself
Appropriate for: Grades 8-12
Goals and Objectives:
- Students will begin getting serious about postsecondary options.
- Students will get started and acquainted with CFWV.com.
- Students will begin determining their personal goals and interests.
Click here to view relevant content standards and objectives.
- Students will log into CFWV.com.
- Students will click on the College Planning Tab located across the top of the page.
- Students will review the Time Line specific to their grade.
- Students will discuss the Time Line using the questions below.
- Students will complete the After High School Transition Plan section within their College Planning
Questions for Discussion:
- Does this time line make sense to you? Have you completed any of the suggested activities already?
- Where do you need to begin?
- Students will review the time line for all grades.
- Are you a head of the time line or are there items that you still need to finish?
- Students will complete the After High School Transition Plan section in their College Planning
Now that you have reviewed the time lines, what is your current plan?
How do you plan to transition from
middle school to high school or high school to college? What are you going to do to make this happen?
Reflective Questions for Your Journal or Discussion:
Having reviewed the timelines, do you feel that you are on track? If so, Why? If not, what are your first steps?
Download this Lesson