Lesson 4: Planning - Learning About Yourself
I Pledge to...
Appropriate for: Grades 9-12
Goals and Objectives:
- Students will use mission statements to help guide them to meet goals and improve their
- Students will work towards seeing the big picture.
- Students will be able to break down their goals into manageable pieces.
- Students will work towards creating and meeting their goals.
Click here to view relevant content standards and objectives.
- Have students review the following pledge lists.
- Together, create five additional pledges that can be addressed over the next two years.
- Discuss the importance of each of these pledges.
- Have students take home the parent pledge sheet and discuss the following with their parents:
- How can your guardians help you meet your goals?
- What pledges and promises do your parents need to make to help you meet your goals?
- Are there other community members that can help you meet your goals?
Reflective Questions for Journal or Discussion:
Download this Lesson
- How do they align with the goals you have set for yourself?
- At graduation time, do you project that you will have met and kept all of your pledges?
- Do you think having them in writing will help you meet them?