Lesson 7: Planning - Learning About Yourself
The Work Values Survey
Appropriate for: Grades 8-12
Goals and Objectives:
- Students will determine their work values.
- Students will think globally
- Students will differentiate between interest and values.
Click here to view relevant content standards and objectives.
- Display the following words somewhere in the room: Abilities, Advancement, Direct Others, Co-Workers, Make Decisions, Work Alone, Help People, Job Security, and Variety.
- Each of these words describes a specific work value. Discuss what each one means and how they play a
role in what we value within a work place. Each word directs a preferred stance.
- Students will log into CFWV.com.
- Students will locate the Work Value survey located under the About Me section under the Career
- Students will complete the Work Values survey.
Reflective Questions for Journal:
Download this Lesson
- What were the most important questions?
- What are the global aspects of work that person might value?
- What is the difference between value and interest?