Lesson 8: Planning - Learning About Yourself
Interests and Goals
Appropriate for: Grades 8-12
Goals and Objectives:
- Students will work on postsecondary plans.
- Students will begin to familiarize themselves with the site.
- Students will determine basic skill level and transferable skill level.
- Students will create a plan to improve these skills.
Click here to view relevant content standards and objectives.
- Students will log into CFWV.com.
- Students will click on the Career Planning Tab at the top of the screen.
- Students will click on the subheading "Learning About Yourself."
- Students will follow the directions and complete the Basic Skills Survey and Transferable Skills
Results will be automatically saved in the Portfolio.
Reflective Questions for Journals or Discussion:
Download This Lesson
- How do the results vary?
- What are your strong/weak areas?
- What can you do to improve on these skills?
- Create a plan of improvement with your parents, teacher, or community member.