Thank you for visiting the website of the West Virginia Office of Veterans' Education & Training (OVET). The OVET is committed to preserving your privacy throughout your visit to the website. This privacy statement addresses the collection, security, and disclosure of information that may be obtained through the Commission’s website.
Collection of Information
Visitors are important to us, therefore, we do not capture personal information about them without their permission or knowledge.
We may automatically collect the following information about your visit:
- The date and time of your visit;
- The type and version of the browser and operating system used for the visit;
- The name of your domain; (for example “yourdomain.net”) or the unique internet protocol (IP) address used to access out site;
- The HTTP request URL which identifies the web page or file requested by the visitor;
- The links that visitors click to go to other websites;
- The pages you visit within the OVET’s website during your visit; and
- The number of times pages or publications are viewed in a visit.
The OVET may also use “cookies” and other internet technologies to manage the website. Cookies are small text files that a web server may ask your browser to store and then send back to the web server when needed.
Personally Identifiable Information
During your visit, you may voluntarily provide personally identifiable information in email communications, forms, or other visitor submitted documents located on the website. Personally identifiable information is information about a person that can be used to identify that specific individual.
Examples of personally identifiable information that may be collected through these voluntary processes includes the following:
- Name and date of birth date;
- Address, phone number, email address;
- Cell phone number for text messaging opt-in services;
- Information you voluntarily submit through various forms. For example, the student complaint process or request for representation forms; and
- Other volunteered information, such as vendor profile/contact information, survey information or the attachments and content of e-mails.
Use of Information Collected
The purpose in collecting non-personally identifiable information is to better understand how visitors are using the OVET’s website and to help us improve the content and performance of the webpage.
The OVET uses the personally identifiable information for purposes that relate to the reason you provided the information or as required by law. We may also use the information for other reasonably anticipated purposes, based on the circumstances. If information is used for another purpose, we will obtain your permission.
Protection of Personally Identifiable Information
As a general rule, the OVET will only disclose personally identifiable information under certain circumstances and to certain individuals or entities as listed below:
- To those who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services available on our website and have agreed not to disclose it to others;
- In cases where the information is considered public information under the West Virginia Freedom of Information Act, West Virginia Code §29B‐1‐1 et seq.; and
- To law enforcement, the federal government, or in response to a court order or subpoena if no other law protects your information.
Online visitors must understand the information collected by the website may be subject to inspection, if such information is a public record or not otherwise protected from disclosure.
This website provides general information about the West Virginia Office of Veterans' Education & Training and its services. The OVET strives for the highest standards in content accuracy on this site. We designed this website to make it easier and more efficient for all users to interact with the OVET and we welcome your comments and suggestions and will seek to correct any errors.